Before going to Africa in 2009 I was required to get numerous vaccinations. Fortunately, I was in Austria, staying with my friends who are both doctors. I am now getting ready to leave for another adventure. I will be going to Thailand to attend a wedding in a small village – no hotels – villagers will take in wedding guests. After the wedding I will spend a month in Thailand, then go to Myanmar to meet my Irish friend for a couple of weeks exploring that country. I will end this trip with a month in Bali. Some of the other wedding guests from here were checking out getting needed vaccinations. I recommended getting a rabies shot – I did not know about this preventative shot until I got mine in Austria. Since then I have met too many travellers who have not had the shot prior to going, and been bitten, scratched etc by a dog, cat, or monkey. Someone here just checked and told me the cost for that shot in Canada is $400. I have heard from many travellers it is worth the trip to Bangkok just to get shorts required for any trip. I thought I would post this – I found it very interesting to say the least.
Available vaccines in our clinic and Price list
|Vaccine||Cost in Baht
||Cost in USD|
|Cholera vaccine (Dukoral®)
|Dengue vaccine (Dengvaxia®) (Read this first)||2,930||$87|
|New JE vaccine SA14-14-2 (CD JEvax®, Imojev®)||498||$16|
|Inactivated JE vaccine||438||$15|
|Hepatitis A+B (Twinrix®)||1,065||$32|
|Hepatitis A vaccine (Avaxim®)
|Hepatitis A vaccine (for children)||800||$25|
|Hepatitis A vaccine (Live attenuated MevacA®)
|Hepatitis B vaccine(Euvax B®)||376||$11|
|HPV vaccine (Gardasil®)
|Influenza vaccine (Quadrivalent)
|Meningococcal conjugate (Menactra®)
|MMR (Mump-Measles-Rubella) vaccine
|Pneumococcal vaccine (Prevnar®)||2,360||$69|
|Pneumococcal vaccine (Pneumovax®)||1,114||$33|
|injectable Polio vaccine (IPV)||420||$13|
|Rabies vaccine (Verorab®)||347||$11|
|Tdap (Bootagen®, tetanus+diptheria+pertussis)
|Tetanus + Diphtheria (dT)||62||$3|
|Typhoid vaccine (Typbar®)||319||$10|
|Varicella vaccine(Varicella vaccine-GCC®)||893||$27|
|Yellow Fever vaccine (Stamaril®)
|Zoster vaccine (Zostavax®) (Contact us first)||4,942||$145|
|Rabies immunoglobulin (ERIG)||depend on body weight|
Update 3 December 2018
– Doctor fee (100 Baht) (Will be 200 Baht on 2 Jan 2019), Hospital fee (70Baht) are not included in price list
– Price is per one dose of vaccine
– Some vaccines need >1 shot to complete
– More info on: Schedule and duration of protection of travel vaccine
– Prices are subject to change without notices and price in US dollar are calculated as 1 USD=34 Baht
– If you visit us in our Extended service hour, the doctor fee and vaccine cost will be higher (more info)
- Our client should bring his/her vaccination certificate (if any)
- You can make an appointment for your convenience. Please specify your name, age, sex
and type of vaccines requested, and your prefered date and time.
- Counseling with qualified doctor, discuss risk and benefit of vaccine.
- Sign the informed consent.
- Vaccination is given by qualified nurse. Doctor will complete your vaccination record.
- All clients must be observed in our clinic at least 30 min after being vaccinated.
You may want to read this useful article “FAQ about cost of vaccine in Thailand”
If you want to make an appointment or contact us. Click here